Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The land of discovery

I have neglected my blog for some time. In the intervening months (oh my, months!) I have done a lot of searching and discovering about myself and what I want. For any growing person, this is an ongoing process. After all, if you're not growing, you're dieing. And I'd much rather be doing the former.

The growth process can be uncomfortable or even painful - just ask any adolescent. It can also be exhilarating and awe inspiring. Or sometimes both at the same time. Coming out the other side and looking back is certainly a big part of the fun. The problem is, we don't often take time to do that part of the process. Celebrating how far we've come, what we've learned, what we've accomplished.

So here's to reflection.

I sometimes need others to show me how far I've come. Thankfully there are a lot of people who have been around for some time and have seen the changes I have gone through and can help remind me how much I've changed. I am often told how much more present I am or how much more confident or outgoing or simply how much better I am at showing up whether in private or public.

I have such a passion for helping women discover their truth, their beauty, their expression, their sensuality. I was asked recently where this came from. My stock answer is that I spent a long time living by other people's standards, not being who I really am and being miserable because I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working and why I wasn't happy. Well, duh! Because I wasn't true to my inner self, my soul's desire, my truth. Once I started to discover that and live in it, I became happier and more fulfilled.

Then I began to reflect more on that question and an even more basic reason came to light. I spent most of my life not only living a lie, but also thinking I was unattractive and unfeminine. My sister was the pretty one, I was the strong one. I took on a lot of male characteristics, even wanting to be a boy when I was younger. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 19 and then I simply glommed onto the first loser who expressed interest, even going so far as getting engaged. Thank GOD I came to my senses before any papers were signed!

It wasn't until very recently that I discovered my feminine self. My sensuality. My feminine power. Now I can honestly say I'm damn HOT! And I want to show every woman no matter what she looks like that she can BE BEAUTIFUL.

This does not mean a big make-over (although that can certainly be part of it) but it really means discovering themselves and their light which is what makes everyone beautiful. There is nothing more attractive than confidence and purpose. We have all seen this, even if we didn't recognize it as such. There is nothing more beautiful than being you. Then your sensuality shines through and comes out naturally.

I recently looked at a website that had body language tips for sensuality and realized I do most of them without even thinking when I'm feeling my best. Fake it till you make it works, and discovering you've already made it is incredible!

I invite you all to come on a journey with me and discover that you already have it, we just need to find ways to let it loose.

BE BEAUTIFUL, you fabulous women, you!

No comments: