Thursday, October 30, 2008

Roads and stars

I have chosen a rocky path for myself. I seem to enjoy doing that. I can't take the easy road, the well traveled road, the path of least resistance. I have to stand out somehow. Do something different. I'm a little crazy that way.

I could blame it on my astrology. In the Chinese tradition I am a Wood Snake. The fact that female snakes are the most alluring of the zodiac explains some things about me and my physical desires. On a deeper level, we are also inclined towards the abstract and are unusually gifted with deep intuitions. I am always coming up with unusual ideas and go more on my feeling about a situation than hard facts.

My Chinese element is Wood which symbolizes imagination, creativity and idealism. I always feel that things should be better than they are and am bored if I'm unable to be creative. Repetition is a killer to my spirit. Wood likes to move upward and outward so I am always looking into making things bigger, more inclusive, more powerful.

In the Western tradition, I am Aquarius. Our motto is similar to Einstein's: "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." I am always frustrated by the comments of others that it's too much, too hard, too big. Aquarians dance to their own drum beat and love new concepts and ideas. Due to that, my challenge is to separate what seems fun and interesting from what is really important. Day to day is not my forte, thinking and dreaming of my ideal is more my cache. Whether or not it ever gets done is less important than the dream. Now THAT explains a lot about why I have so many partly finished ideas laying about.

One thing that made me laugh is that my ruling planet is Uranus. Uranus is the weirdest planet in the solar system. Its north pole faces the Sun and its Moons spin around it backwards. As such, Uranus symbolizes the eccentric and unique things in our lives. It is associated with brilliance, even if short-lived. Anyone who knows me will say that I'm a little different. I simply can't abide being like anyone else. Whether it's the car I drive, the not found in nature colors in my hair or wearing 4" heels even though I'm 6' tall, I just can't be "normal"!

I can now blame Uranus for my freedom seeking personality as it encourages us to rebel against social injustices and to seek freedom of expression in our lives. I've been told that I am a freedom seeker. The more I get to know myself, the more I realize this is true.

I am big on self expression. My work and research into Sensuality has helped me realize that it is one and the same. I am often told that I am very Sensual. That is because I am self expressive. They mirror each other.

Being a Snake, I am also highly sexual, but that's another topic for another day.

At one time I didn't put much stock in astrology. I would read the descriptions and say "that's not me!" Now I read them and I grin. Now that I really know myself and am unafraid of being who I truly am, they are remarkably accurate.

So, thanks to the stars and planets, I'm a little off beat. That's why I keep taking these odd roads. And it's why I'm going to make a difference in the world. I am so looking forward to really following through with this dream. I have a lot of great support and have learned a lot about what I need to do. I am an idea gal. I have big plans. And I want to share them with you and help you realize your big dreams and plans.

I believe that it's easy to take the road behind others. It's certainly less stressful. But somewhere down the road, someone goes off on their own. They create a new path. It's harder, it's a little insane, but someone has to be first. Will you follow?




No comments: